Note: "Latest delivery info"
The next week for delivery is shown in the "Latest delivery info" box at the foot of every page
Delivery Questions and Answers
- Q: What is the minimum order I can make?
- A:£ 15 before delivery & VAT.
- Q: How much will the delivery cost?
- A: All retail deliveries are charged at £ 6.50 plus VAT. One delivery charge applies, irrespective of the size of the order.Except orders delivered to certain post codes or our couriers regard as being difficult, such as the Highlands, Grampian's and the Isle of Wight. An extra charge will be calculated during checkout.
- Orders with a value of more than £ 250 excluding VAT and delivery are delivered free of charge.
- Q: Where do you deliver to?
- A: Anywhere on mainland UK and the Isle of Wight (please note surcharge mentioned above). We do not deliver to any other offshore destinations (including Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, the Isles of Scilly etc)
- Q: Do I have to sign for my delivery?
- A: No signature is required.
- Q: When will my order be delivered?
- A: We do not promise to deliver on any particular day of a week and we may deliver a couple of days early.
- Q: What weather conditions can I plant in?
- A: You cannot plant when the soil is frozen and it is best not to plant when the ground is waterlogged.
- Q: What happens if there is a delay between delivery & planting?
- A: Our bareroot plants will be packed so they can safely be left in their wrapping for 10-14 days before planting. Store them in a cold place, ideally outdoors, not protected from frost but out of direct sunlight. Leave them to freeze outside, but do not move them around when they are frozen. If planting is delayed for a week or two, we advise unwrapping them just enough to get a hose in and wet down the roots to make sure they stay moist. Do not leave your plants sitting in a bucket of water: roots like to be slightly moist, not drowned! Pot-grown plants can be stored for weeks during winter without much attention & in summer with watering every other day.