Our Winter 2014 photo competition is open for entries!
Winter is coming and autumn colours become richer. It is a late autumn and the hedgerows still have leaf and berry (and even flowers). But we may get snow, and surely frost. Birds will be coming closer to human dwellings hunting through hedging looking for food and water as will badgers, foxes, squirrels not to mention Heffalumps and Woozles...
Water looks great at this time of year and black and white photography comes into its own as we get closer to Christmas. Oh - did someone mention c-h-r-i-s-t-m-a-s ? A whole bunch of photo opportunities there.
So our Winter photo competition aims to capture all of the above – the themes this time are:
"A Spirit of Christmas..." or "A Winter's Tale"
The closing date for entries is midnight on Valentine's Day, 14th February 2015. The three winners will be contacted via email by 20th February.
There's nearly £200 in vouchers up for grabs so give it a shot!
- 1st prize: £75 voucher to spend with us (plus your photo may grace our social media pages throughout winter)
- 2nd prize £50 voucher
- 3rd prize: £35 voucher
- 4th prize: £25 voucher
Every season we will give you a theme for your photo. It could be simply seasonal, or colour-related, a close-up, or a landscape. It could include wildlife, or food, or family... and, sometimes, much more abstract!
Each photo will be judged on both its visual impact, and how well it represents our chosen theme.
How to enter
All you need to do is email your photo as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line "Autumn photo competition".
Please also include your name and address, and (where possible) the name of the plants you have photographed!
Important! Please don't send any printed photographs to us by post. We cannot accept any responsibility for them, and neither can we return them to you.
Happy snapping, and good luck!
Terms & conditions
- Entrants must be aged 18 years or over at the time of entry, and be a resident of the UK or Republic of Ireland.
- The competition is free to enter, no purchase is necessary.
- Employees, families, friends or anyone otherwise associated with Ashridge Nurseries may not enter.
- Entering the competition in the manner stated below constitutes full acceptance of these terms & conditions.
- Entries should be submitted by email to email@example.com before the closing date advertised for each competition. Emails must carry the subject line as advertised with each competition.
- Entries must also include your full name, address and telephone number.
- Your photos must be digital only, in high-resolution (at least 1024 pixels along the shortest side), and in a commonly used file format (preferably JPG, PNG, GIF or TIFF).
- The photo must be your own, must not infringe any copyrights, and you must have the permission of any people and/or subjects in the photograph before submitting it to us.
- We are unable to accept postal entries.
- You grant Ashridge Nurseries a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual and irrevocable licence to use your photo in promotional media (such as in an email, on a social media website, in a catalogue).
- Only one entry per person, per competition. No responsibility can be accepted for lost or corrupted entries as a result of transmission via email. Entries must be sent directly to us, not via an agent or other third party.
- The judges will decide which three photos achieve the best balance of: overall visual impact; and fit with the theme of each competition period.
- The prizes are vouchers of £75, £50, £35 and £25 to spend with Ashridge Nurseries awarded to the best four entrants. The decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence regarding the decision will be entertained.
- The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative is offered. No refund can be given on part-used vouchers. Vouchers are valid for 3 months from the closing date.
- Winners will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date.
- Entrants agree that their name, town and county may be used in publicity following notification of any prizes.
- If events transpire that are outside of the control of Ashridge Nurseries that require us to amend or suspend the competition, no liability shall fall on the promoter.
- The laws of England apply to this competition and an English court will have jurisdiction over any dispute. Greenwich Mean Time applies to all dates and times.
- The promoter of this competition is: Ashridge Trees Ltd, Grove Cross Barn, Castle Cary, BA7 7NJ.