Make us swoon with your rose-inspired photos!
Cameras at the ready, our February 2013 photo competition is open!
And as it's February, the month of romance, the theme is simply:
But don't let that force you down the path of the traditional single red bloom – let your creativity loose! We'd love to see a variety of colour, form and composition.
The closing date for entries is midnight on Thursday 24 January 2013. The three winners will be contacted via email, including their prize voucher code, by Thursday 31 January.
As before we have three prizes to give away!
- 1st prize: £50 voucher to spend with us
(plus your photo will grace our social media pages throughout February)
- 2nd prize: £35 voucher
- 3rd prize: £25 voucher
How does it work?
Every month we will give you a theme for your photo. It could be seasonal, or colour-related, a close-up, or a landscape. It could include wildlife, or food, or family... and, sometimes, much more abstract!
Just email your photo to us before the closing date, and each photo will be judged on both its visual impact, and how well it represents our chosen theme.
How to enter
All you need to do is email your photo as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line "February photo competition". Please also include your name and address.
Important! Please don't send any printed photographs to us by post. We cannot accept any responsibility for them, and neither can we return them to you. Sorry!
Happy snapping, and good luck!
January's competition winners
1st prize – a £50 voucher to spend with Ashridge Nurseries (I Davies, Flintshire)
2nd prize – £35 voucher S Barrett-James, Somerset (view photo)
3rd prize – £25 voucher M Stephens, Suffolk (view photo)
You can see all of the shortlisted photos, including our three winners, on the Ashridge Nurseries Pinterest page!
Interested in roses?
If you're into your roses, Ashridge Nurseries has over 190 varieties for you to choose from, including:
- Climbing roses
- David Austin English roses
- Floribunda roses
- Hybrid Tea roses
- Rambling roses
- and Shrub roses
Terms & conditions
- Entrants must be aged 18 years or over at the time of entry, and be a resident of the UK or Republic of Ireland.
- The competition is free to enter, no purchase is necessary.
- Employees, families, friends or anyone otherwise associated with Ashridge Nurseries may not enter.
- Entering the competition in the manner stated below constitutes full acceptance of these terms & conditions.
- The decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence regarding the decision will be entertained.
- Entries should be submitted by email to email@example.com before the closing date advertised for each competition. Emails must carry the subject line as advertised with each competition.
- Entries must also include your full name, address and telephone number.
- Your photos must be digital only, with a maximum file size of 4MB, and in a commonly used file format (preferably JPG, PNG, GIF or TIFF).
- The photo must be your own, must not infringe any copyrights, and you must have the permission of any people and/or subjects in the photograph before submitting it to us.
- We are unable to accept postal entries.
- You grant Ashridge Nurseries a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual and irrevocable licence to use your photo in promotional media (such as in an email, on a social media website, in a catalogue).
- Only one entry per person, per competition. No responsibility can be accepted for lost or corrupted entries as a result of transmission via email. Entries must be sent directly to us, not via an agent or other third party.
- There are three prizes. The judges will decide which three photos achieve the best balance of: overall visual impact; and fit with the theme of each competition period.
- The prizes are as follows:
- First place: a voucher to the value of £50 to spend with Ashridge Nurseries
- Second place: a voucher to the value of £35 to spend with Ashridge Nurseries
- Third place: a voucher to the value of £25 to spend with Ashridge Nurseries
- The prizes are non-transferrable and no cash alternative is offered. No refund can be given on part-used vouchers. Vouchers are valid for 3 months from the closing date.
- Winners will be notified by email within 7 days of the closing date.
- Entrants agree that their name, town and county may be used in publicity following notification of any prizes.
- If events transpire that are outside of the control of Ashridge Nurseries that require us to amend or suspend the competition, no liability shall fall on the promoter.
- The laws of England apply to this competition and an English court will have jurisdiction over any dispute. Greenwich Mean Time applies to all dates and times.
- The promoter of this competition is: Ashridge Trees Ltd, Grove Cross Barn, Castle Cary, BA7 7NJ.