Quality plants with expert advice
Buying plants online can seem a little strange. You don't get to see the plants before they arrive, you can't get advice face-to-face, and what happens if your plants aren't up to scratch?
Ashridge Nurseries has sold quality plants online since 2003. During that time, we hope that we have learnt a few things about how to reassure and delight our customers when they buy from us.
This is because we always strive to provide you with excellent plants and excellent customer service – and at excellent prices.
Here are a few questions that you might want to ask when you're shopping around for plants, not just online, but also at your local garden centre or nursery.
We make a promise that if we ever fail to meet any of the expectations below, we will do our very best to put it right, and to stop it happening again. This is our promise to all customers.
- Does the supplier take an interest in what you want to plant and where you want to plant it? Do they offer suggestions on how best to achieve what you want?
- Is your money taken when you order, or when the plants are despatched to you?
- How long are the plants guaranteed for?
- How good is the advice on the site, such as product information, blogs, and instructional videos?
- Does the supplier collect any plants you are unhappy with?
- How are complaints dealt with?
- Does the supplier give you advice whether you are a customer or not? Or are they sales only?
- Can the supplier explain clearly how their plants are looked after to ensure high standards of quality?
- Are plants (which are perishable) delivered by Next Day Courier or on a 2-3 day service
- Does the supplier confirm with the Which? Better Plants by Post Guide for Retailers
- Is the supplier eco aware? Peat free compost? Neonicotinoids? etc.
- And finally, are you convinced that the supplier is listening to you, the customer?