Rosa Chinatown Floribunda Rose
Chinatown is a truly delightful and strong floribunda rose with wonderful clusters of pretty yellow flowers, occasionally flushed with pink or red, and repeat flowering from June until September. It has a delicious peach scent, very healthy growth and is amazingly weather resistant, not being affected by rain or exposure to wind, although it does prefer to be in full sun or light shade wherever possible. The foliage is a lovely glossy, dark green and the tall upright shrub is extremely vigorous with flowers held on long, strong stems. Although it is essentially a bush rose, it can be grown against a wall or trellis as a short climber and, unlike a number of modern roses, it is attractive to bees and other pollinators.
See our full range of Floribunda roses to buy online.
Great in your garden
Rosa Chinatown is an brilliant floribunda rose having good colour, a gorgeous peach scent and lovely repeating flowers from June to September. It is tall and strong and, therefore, ideal to grow at the back of a border or within a mixed border, particularly with blue and purple perennials where the colours will complement the lovely yellow blooms. It can be grown as a scented hedge, as a short climber and, being weather resistant, it is the perfect rose for an exposed site.
- Height and spread: 1.5m x 1.2m (5ft x 4ft)
- Repeat: Flowers from June to September
- Colour: clear yellow with pink to red shading
- Flower shape: pretty muddled double flowers
- Scent: delicious peach fragrance
- Disease resistance: very healthy
- Rose type: floribunda bush rose or small climber
- Bee friendly
- Weather resistance: not affected by rain or exposure
- Foliage: attractive, glossy dark green leaves
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
Rosa Chinatown is a modern floribunda grown by Poulsen a Danish grower and introduced to the market in 1963. Interesting that a hybrid between two seldom grown roses, Columbine and Clare Grammerstorf, should prove so very successful. The rose was awarded a Gold Medal in 1962 by the Royal National Rose Society.