Cosmos Sensation Pinkie Seedlings
Cosmos Sensation Pinkie
Cosmos bipinnatus Sensation Pinkie is the pick of the pink Cosmos (Cosmi??) if you are looking for a steady, mid-range pastel rose-pink. Which we were which is why it is in our range of ready to plant cosmos seedlings.
Sensation Pinkie is a pretty good name - apart from its finely cut, mid-green leaves, this is a Cosmos that can touch a metre tall in the right position and will then be covered in its simple but charming flowers right through the summer.
Because we are an inquisitive tribe at Ashridge, in 2017 we grew some for fun. The best specimen produced 108 flowers before we lost count in late August.
Like all Cosmos, it looks at its best in a mass planting - if you have the room 12-15 in a single drift - either as one colour or mixed - put on a fabulous show.
Cosmos Sensation Pinkie is no mean performer in a container either although it won't reach the size it does in open ground. It looks fantastic with silver-leaved plants, but the pink is gentle enough to go with almost anything.
Keep your Cosmos from setting seed either by cutting and/or deadheading. Kept "clean" they will flower well into September and in a warm autumn, they can still be filling your vases at the end of October.
- Half-hardy Annual
- Colour: Pink
- Height: 70-100 cms
- Planting Months: April - June/July
- Flowering: May - September/October
- Plant Spacing: 25-35 cms
The trick with cutting Cosmos for indoors is to do the following:
- Don't cut them in the heat of the day
- Cut blooms that are just opening
- Cut with a bit more stem than you will need
- Have your vase ready, filled with water at room temperature
- Cut a stem to length and put it into the vase immediately
- Treated like this your Cosmos should last 7-10 days