Cambridge Favourite Strawberry Plants
Early - Main Season
- Medium sized fruit, large crops.
- Superb flavour, great for jam & freezing.
- Disease resistant.
- Crops from Mid June when grown in the open.
- Great for not-so-sunny sites
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
Cambridge Favourite Strawberry Bushes
Description of Cambridge Favourite Plants & Fruit:
Cambridge Favourite is rightly named - it is still the number one strawberry for planting on pick your own farms and no market stall selling soft fruit is without them. It's a very reliable plant and one of the best choices for poorer planting conditions.
The fruit are a decent size, with a rich flavour.It's one of the most common fruit for making jam commercially.
Characteristics of Cambridge Favourite Bushes:
- Very reliable cropper, with plenty of medium sized fruit.
- Excellent for jam & freezing.
- All round disease resistant.
- Good for growing in pots.
- Crops from mid-June for about 4 weeks.
Growing Cambridge Favourite Strawberry Plants:
You can bring the harvest forward by covering your plants, but we find that the best crops come later from plants left in the open.
All strawberries will do best in full sun, but this is the best red one to use if you are stuck with some shade.
Read our detailed information on how to grow Strawberries here.
Background Information on Cambridge Favourite Strawberry Bushes:
An old British variety, bred in the 1930s by Mr Boyles of Cambridge.