Honeoye Strawberry Plants
- Firm fruit are good for freezing.
- Good size fruit in large crops.
- Mildew & grey mould resistant.
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Crops from Mid-June to July.
Honeoye Strawberry Plants - Early Season
Description of Honeoye Plants & Fruit:
A reliable, hardy, disease resistant and heavy cropping plant, Honeoye is a popular strawberry bush for sale in markets and garden centres. It's also often grown by pick your own farmers.
Browse all of our other Strawberry Plants.
- Heavy cropper.
- Upright position of fruit helps with ripening & staying off the soil.
- Hardy - good for Scotland & the North.
- Resistant to both leaf mildew & grey mould on the fruit.
- Fruit are firm & resistant to splitting in damp weather.
- Very good for freezing.
- Crops between mid-June and mid-July.
Growing Honeoye Strawberries:
Strawberries need rich earth that drains well, regular watering to maintain a moist soil in dry weather and a sunny spot.
Read our detailed information on how to grow Strawberries here.
Bred from Vibrant & Holiday, Honeoye is a parent for a lot of newer breeds. It was released in 1979 by the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station, part of Cornell University.