Honeoye Strawberry Plants
Honeoye Strawberry Plants - Early Season
Description of Honeoye Plants & Fruit:
A reliable, hardy, disease resistant and heavy cropping plant, Honeoye is a popular strawberry bush for sale in markets and garden centres. It's also often grown by pick your own farmers.
Browse all of our other Strawberry Plants for Sale here.
Characteristics of Honeoye Bushes:
- Heavy cropper.
- Upright position of fruit helps with ripening & staying off the soil.
- Hardy - good for Scotland & the North.
- Resistant to both leaf mildew & grey mould on the fruit.
- Fruit are firm & resistant to splitting in damp weather.
- Very good for freezing.
- Crops between mid-June and mid-July.
Growing Honeoye Strawberry Plants:
Strawberries need rich earth that drains well, regular watering to maintain a moist soil in dry weather and a sunny spot.
Read our detailed information on how to grow Strawberries here.
Background Information on Honeoye Strawberry Bushes:
Bred from Vibrant & Holiday, Honeoye is the a parent for a lot of newer breeds. It was released in 1979 by the New York State Agricultural Experiment Station, part of Cornell University.