'Ben Connan' Blackcurrant Plants
- Fruit: Sweet. Heavy crops to 3.5kg
- Uses: Ideal for Cooking, Fresh
- Picking: July-August
- Height x Spread: 1-1.5m x 1-1.5m
- Spacing: 1.5m
- Self-fertile & Frost resistant
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
Ben Connan Blackcurrant Bushes
Ben Connan blackcurrants are the earliest to ripen. It produces large yields of dark fruit on short clusters of strings so make picking easy. They taste outstanding and Ben Connan has the added virtues of growing as a tidy bush and being relatively disease free.
As with all currants, Ben Connan Blackcurrants should be grown with 1.40 metres between plants in the row and 1.5 metres between rows.