Florence Strawberry Plants
- Big crops of large, delicious fruit.
- Disease resistant.
- Good for freezing & jam.
- Crops in late July-August.
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
Florence Strawberry Bushes - X Season
Description of Florence Plants & Fruit:
Florence is a strawberry that has it all. Tough plants, good crops and brilliantly coloured fruit that have a flavour to match any other variety.
The fruit are firm and hard to bruise when just ripe & it's best to pick them right away - you will know when they are as red as can be.
A good choice for organic growers.
Browse all of our other Strawberry Plants.
Characteristics of Florence Bushes:
- Large crops of big, delicious fruit.
- Just ripe fruit are good for freezing.
- Good resistance to mildew & grey mould.
- Crops from late July into August.
Growing Florence Strawberries:
Strawberries need rich earth that drains well, regular watering to maintain a moist soil in dry weather and a sunny spot.
Read our detailed information on how to grow Strawberries here.
Bred at the East Malling Research Station in Kent in 1987, it was released in 1997.