Rachel Hybrid Tea Rose Bushes
- Colour: Apricot & pink.
- Shape: Large, full-double, frilly centre.
- Scent: Good.
- Flower Period: Repeating.
- Height: 1 metres
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
Rosa Rachel - Hybrid Tea Roses
Description of Rachel Roses:
Rachel is a big rose with masses of frilly petals in the centre and a gentle two-tone colour. Most of the flower is a creamy peach colour and the outer petals have a slight purple blush, with a small amount of spotted patterning. The scent is good and while each individual flower doesn't last very long, they keep on coming from spring to autumn.
This is a really shrubby rose that goes well towards the back of a border.
Browse the rest of our Hybrid Tea Rose Bushes.
Characteristics of Rachel Bushes:
- Bud colour: Mostly creamy yellow with purple lips.
- Colour: Pale cream-yellow, purple tinges and spots on the outer petals.
- Flower Shape: Big, frilly, full double.
- Fragrance: 3-Strong.
- Flower Period: Continuous.
- Leaves: Large and glossy.
- Height & Spread: 1 metre x 0.5 metres.
Read about Growing Roses here.
History and Parentage of Rachel Roses:
Named after the popular British Gardener's World presenter and garden writer, Rachel De Thame, this rose was bred by the German nursery Rosen Tantau. It was brought to Britain in 2002 and won the Gold Standard award in 2006.