Varieties of Box - Buxus Species
Box is evergreen, shade tolerant and easy to maintain. The Boxwood tree or Common Box, Buxus sempervirens, and the slower growing Dwarf Box, Buxus sempervirens Suffruticosa, are classic hedging plants for low hedges, topiary, knot gardens and parterres.
Dwarf box is best for very low, decorative work, while a Common box hedge can reach about 9 metres tall over the years. A Common Boxwood tree has a shaggy, mop-headed canopy and most of its trunk is covered in short side branches down to the ground.
From £1.22Buxus sempervirens - 15 - 40cms Bushes
- Evergreen. Slow growing, tolerant of full shade.
- Other Sizes: Dwarf.
- Excellent formal hedging.
- Max. Height: 8m
- Year round delivery.
From £3.36Buxus sempervirens Suffruticosa
- 15 - 30cms Pot-Grown Bushes
- Evergreen. Slow growing, tolerant of full shade
- Other Sizes: Pot-Grown & Bareroot common box
- Ideal decorative, low hedging
- Max. Height: 1m
- Pot-Grown Delivery: All Year
Out of stock
- Final Size: 30 cm to 1m
- Soil: any
- Use: formal hedging/topiary shapes
- Single row: 3-4 plants per metre
- Colour: dark green (no prickles) with black berries
Out of stock
Minimal Price: £3.37
The planting and delivery season for bareroot Common Box plants is November through to March. Pot-Grown Box is more expensive, available in larger sizes and it is delivered year round.
Dwarf box is only delivered pot-grown.
Choose your delivery week during checkout. We will not charge your card until your plants are being packed for shipping. You will receive an e-mail the day before your plants are due to arrive. We use a 24 hour courier service.
All the plants you buy from our nursery are Guaranteed for 1 Year.
Please contact us on 01963 359 444 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.