Hot Chocolate Rose Bushes
- Colour: Warm Brown.
- Shape: Full double.
- Scent: Strong.
- Flower Period: Repeat.
- Height: 0.9m
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
Rosa Hot Chocolate Floribunda Rose
Description of Hot Chocolate Roses:
Hot Chocolate is an unusual rose that will certainly attract attention in your garden or patio. The buds are a rusty colour and the mature flowers are just about brown, but it's a wonderfully warm brown that has been laid over deep red and fleshy purple. The flowering period is excellent, with clusters of blooms opening pretty much constantly all through the summer. The scent is good and the foliage is tough and handsome.
Characteristics of Hot Chocolate Bushes:
- Bud colour: Orange-Brown
- Colour: Rich, earthy brown with a red undertone.
- Flower Shape: Fully double, maturing from a tight scroll to an open centre.
- Fragrance: 3-Strong.
- Flower Period: Continuous.
- Leaves: Large, glossy, lush.
- Height & Spread: 90cms x 60cms.
Read about Growing Roses here.
History and Parentage of Hot Chocolate Roses:
Bred in 2002, USA. In 2006, it won both the Novelty and Gold Standard Awards.