'Geranium' Hybrid Roses
- Colour: Orange/scarlet flowers & hips
- Height: 2.5m
- Shape: Five petalled single blooms
- Leaves: Light green
- Single flowering
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
Rosa Moyesii Geranium
Rosa moyesii Geranium is a modern seedling of Rosa moyesii, which is a species rose introduced from China. It is the best known and most widely grown of the moyesii hybrids and rightly so. Although a big shrub, it is a more compact plant than its parent making it more suitable for a decent sized garden.
The flowers are a vibrant red and the whole plant is open and attractive reaching an eventual height of approximately 8ft
Great for your garden
Rosa moyesii Geranium is a large, open shrub rose and is best used as a centerpiece in a rose bed, surrounded, perhaps, by smaller cream and scarlet shrub roses, or in a shrub border in front of plants that will highlight the brilliant colour of its flowers, perhaps cotinus coggygria Royal Purple or another purple leaved shrub. The large, elongated hips are also particularly attractive and last well into the winter.
See our full range of rose bushes and plants.
Rosa moyesii Geranium characteristics
- Colour: Bright scarlet.
- Flower shape: Five petalled single blooms.
- Fragrance: Not perceptible.
- Final height and spread: 8ft x 5ft (2.5m x 1.5m)
- Flowering season: May-June
- Repeat flowering: No.
- Disease resistance: Good.