- 10 fresh figs halved
- 60g honey
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 x 250g blocks halloumi, thickly sliced, then halved
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 150g rocket
- 1 x eating apple, peeled, cored & finely sliced
- 2 tbsp flaked toasted almonds
- Heat the grill to its highest setting. Put the fig halves (Brown Turkey Figs are best) on one half of a baking sheet and drizzle with half the honey. Toss the slices of halloumi in the olive oil and other half of the honey and spread out on the other side of the baking sheet.
- Grill everything for 3 mins, flip the halloumi over and put back under the grill for a further 3 mins or until the halloumi is golden and the figs are softened.
- Whisk the remaining oil with the sherry vinegar and season to taste.
- Arrange handfuls of the rocket on the plate and drizzle with the dressing.
- Top with the figs, halloumi and apple slices, then finish with the toasted almonds.