This is a fantastic chutney, which accompaniments most cheeses, especially a strong and mature cheddar - yum!
- 1 kilo Fresh Tomatoes
- 1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 250ml White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Nigela Seeds
- 2 Chillis (remove seeds & finely chop)
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Red Onions (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove (peeled and finely chopped)
- Small piece of Ginger (peeled and chopped)
- In a large saucepan, sweat off the onions, garlic and spices for 5 minutes on a low heat
- Add the fresh and chopped tomatoes and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir until the sugar has dissolved in the liquid and cook on a low heat for approximately 35 mins, or until thick and syrupy.
- Pour into sterilised jars with fitted lids.
- Once cooled, enjoy with a mature cheddar cheese and biscuits - yummy!
If you would like to grow your own tomato plants for your own tomato crop, please take a look at the tomato plants we have for sale.