Grown and lifted by our specialist plant growers
Picked by our team of experts from our Somerset nursery.
We’ve been packing and sending quality plants since 1949
Packaged by our experts and sent out by next day delivery.
Which Sorbus Variety - Rowans & Whitebeams - Should I Choose?
Native Varieties (Best for Wildlife):
- Sorbus aucuparia, Native Rowan (and its named cultivars)
- Sorbus aria, Native Whitebeam (and its named cultivars)
- Sorbus torminalis, Chequer tree
Best for Eating:
- Sorbus aucuparia 'Edulis' (much better fruit for jelly etc than the wild species)
- Sorbus torminalis (small, and date-like, perhaps the most 'exotic' native fruit)