Bareroot vs Potted Plants
Bare-root Plants are only delivered in the winter season, from November to May. Pot grown plants can be delivered all year roundAdvantages of Bare-root plants:
- You pay less for the same size plants.
- You can carry and plant them easily.
- You only plant them in winter, so they need less maintenance after planting. The ground is naturally wet for their first few months.
- You get the biggest selection: Many trees are not sold pot-grown.
- They are "asleep" in winter - this is the best time to transplant any tree.
- They use fewer fertilisers & fungicides, less water and less packaging and fuel in their production & delivery.
Advantages of Pot Grown plants:
- Pot grown plants can be delivered & planted all year round.
- Plants with tender roots & larger specimens must be delivered in pots.
- Plants in pots can be kept for months longer if there is a delay in planting.
Our Advice to You:
If you can't wait to get planting, order Pot grown plants now.
If you are not in a hurry, order bare-root plants for delivery this winter.
In both cases it is usually a good idea to order early.