A Quick Q&A Regarding Delivery
For more details, please also make yourself acquainted with our full terms and conditions
Please note: All questions relating to orders and delivery assume that the order can be satisfied in a single delivery. Where that is impossible, perhaps because of the seasonality of the plants involved, we will let you know as soon as possible.
Latest Update On Bareroot Deliveries
Our bareroot plants are being lifted and we are now despatching bareroot orders.
We will notify you when your order is ready to be dispatched.
Due to the volume of orders and the late start* to the bareroot season means than delivery slots this side of the New Year are almost full and so we are now booking orders for delivery in January 2021.
*This is not unusual – lifting bareroot plants and trees is always dependent on weather conditions, as well as other factors.
The bareroot season runs all the way through to the end of March which means there is plenty of time to plant, and your order will arrive before then.
We are working as usual and look forward to getting your bareroot order to you as soon as we are able.
You will be emailed as soon as your order is ready to be dispatched. Please keep an eye on our website or social media, and on your email for updates.
With our best wishes for a rewarding 2020/2021 bareroot planting season.
Standard Trees - our standard trees are all bareroot trees and delivery is between November and the end of March.
Fruit Trees - delivery of our bareroot fruit trees is between November and the end of March. Potted fruit trees are available for delivery all year round
Hedging - delivery of our bareroot fruit trees is between November and the end of March. Potted hedging plants are available for delivery all year round
Soft Fruit - delivery of our bareroot soft fruit plants is between November and the end of March. Potted soft fruit plants are available for delivery all year round, subject to availability
Bulbs - dry bulbs will be delivered from September through to the end of November. Bulbs in the green are delivered February to April, whilst stocks last
Lavender - Lavender delivery is from April through to September (the smaller plants are often despatched from June)
Roses - delivery of our bareroot roses is between November and the end of March. Potted rose bushes are available for delivery all year round (potted roses may have been pruned in the nursery after the first flowering during the growing season)
Herbs - we deliver herbs throughout the spring and summer from March through to September.
Dahlias - dahlia tubers are delivered in March, dahlia cuttings are delivered in April and potted dahlia plants are delivered between May and end of September
Flowers - Sweet Peas are delivered from February through to July
Cosmos are delivered from March through to July
Wallflowers are delivered in October and November
Herbaceous plants - delivery of herbaceous plants starts in April and goes through to August whilst stocks last
Latest Despatch Information
We despatch by a 24 hour courier. You will be notified by email when your order is despatched. Orders are despatched once all the line items are ready. Delays can be caused by factors outside our control such as the weather and Covid-19.
Please be patient and check your spam folder for our emails (and whitelisting us if you find one there!). Please only reply directly to the emails we send you; don't send separate, follow-up emails, because we deal with the oldest outstanding emails first and a newer email from therefore you goes to the back of the queue.
The most important thing is that you get top quality plants.
There are a number of ways in which to contact us (as follows) and our experienced Customer Support Team will be pleased to help with your query:GENERAL ADVICE AND QUERIES
For general advice our website contains a wealth of information, tips, videos as well as answers to FAQs. Please use it for reference and general advice. We share a depth of useful horticultural knowledge which may well help to answer any queries you have. Our Terms & Conditions, Guarantees, Delivery Information are also clearly explained on the site, as well as the ability to search for plants by category such as soil type, climate etc. Please make use of the website – it really does contain a lot of helpful information.CHAT VIA WEBSITE
When you are on the website, you have the opportunity to chat to one of our Customer Support team. An icon will appear and all you have to do is follow the instructions to ask any queries you may have. Our Customer Support team are available Monday – Friday 9.00 am to 5.00 pm. If they are busy at the moment you contact them then there are options to leave a message and they will contact you as soon as possible afterwards – simply follow the prompts online. Again, the Chat function offers many answers to frequently asked questions and via it you can search for useful things like order status, delivery queries etc.EMAIL
We would be extremely grateful if you could check to see if your query can be answered by exploring the other routes first. If not, and it is necessary to email us directly, please do so using the link here
. We will respond to your email as soon as possible. If it concerning an order, please include your name and order number. We operate email on a chronological basis, answering the old emails first. Please, if you have already emailed us, can you wait for us to respond, which we will do. Sending another email has the effect of pushing the chain to the back of the queue (as the most recent) and can cause delays.
We are open for business as usual. Some orders are taking longer than normal to fulfil as a result of extraordinary circumstances in 2020, and we are very grateful to you for your patience while we work at fulfilling your order as quickly as we can.PHONE CALLS
We do not take direct phone calls into the Customer Support and operate principally on email and via our Chat function. In the course of any correspondence it may be necessary to speak by phone, in which case we will ask for relevant details and contact you accordingly. This has proved to be the most efficient way of operating and avoids the frustration and inconvenience of having to wait (for potentially long periods) for a phone call to be answered or returned. Our experience shows that customers prefer not to have to navigate through a labyrinth of call options and then be kept holding for potentially long periods whilst listening to piped music. Contacting us via Chat or email is more efficient.
We assure you of our best endeavours at all times, and thank you for your loyal custom.
Ashridge Nurseries Customer Support
Delivery Timescales Sometimes Change! Please remember that you are buying living plants with a range of planting seasons, and we cannot deliver out of season. In winter, most of what we sell is bareroot and needs lifting from the soil. To ensure your plants are fresh, lifting happens after you order and when we have sufficient demand to make lifting a batch practical. Finally, we are all at the mercy of the weather. Plants cannot be lifted (or planted by you) when the soil is freezing, and lifting slows down if there is constant rain.
- Q: What is the minimum order I can make?
- A: There is no minimum order
- Q: How much will the delivery cost?
- A: One delivery charge per order applies, providing the order can be satisfied in one delivery, irrespective of the size of the order.
- Small box (orders containing only seedlings or rooted cuttings = £7.20 (inc VAT) per order. Free delivery for orders over £60 (inc VAT)
- Standard box (bareroot plants up to 1.2metres) = £11.40 (inc VAT) per order. Free delivery for orders over £60 (inc VAT)
- Large box (pots up to and including 7.5 litres) = £15.00 (inc VAT) per order. Free delivery for orders over £100 (inc VAT)
- Trees and hedging (bareroot plants and trees up to 1.2 metres +) = £18.00 (inc VAT) per order. Free for orders over £120 (inc VAT)
- Orders delivered to Scotland and the Isle of Wight may suffer an extra charge (calculated during checkout). This is applicable to ALL orders to these locations
- Pallets (root balls, large pots, trees etc) = £60.00 (inc VAT) per order. Free delivery for orders over £240 (inc VAT)
- If, for reasons of seasonality an order needs to be split, then we will charge for each delivery. If the whole order was eligible for free P&P then the second of the split orders will be delivered free of charge.
- Q: Where do you deliver to?
- A: Anywhere on mainland Britain and the Isle of Wight (please note surcharge mentioned above). We do not deliver to any other offshore destinations (including Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, the Isles of Scilly, the Isle of Skye, Channel Islands etc)
- Q: Do I have to sign for my delivery?
- A: No signature is required.
- Q: When will my order be delivered?
- A: We do not promise to deliver on any particular day of a week, and we may deliver a couple of days early.
- Q: What weather conditions can I plant in?
- A: You cannot plant when the soil is frozen and it is best not to plant when the ground is waterlogged.
- Q: What happens if there is a delay between delivery & planting?
- A: Our bareroot plants will be packed so that they can safely be left in their wrapping for 7-10 days before planting. Store them in a cold place, ideally outdoors, not protected from frost but out of direct sunlight. Leave them to freeze outside, but do not move them around when they are frozen. If planting is delayed for two weeks, we advise unwrapping them just enough to get a hose in and wet down the roots to make sure they stay moist. Do not leave your plants sitting in a bucket of water: roots like to be slightly moist, not drowned! Pot-grown plants should be opened as soon as possible after delivery. They can be stored for weeks during winter without much attention & in summer with watering every other day without rain.