Heavenly Bamboo Plants
- Not a real bamboo!
- Tidy, small, slow growing evergreen shrub.
- Not used for clipped hedging. Good low screening.
- Small white flowers, red berries.
- Any well drained soil. Full sun.
- Low maintenance.
- Max. Height: 1.5-2m
- Pot Grown: Year Round Delivery
Nandina domestica Informal Hedging
Nandina domestica is a neat, small, evergreen shrub that looks a lot like real bamboo, and they are often planted together in larger schemes.
It grows tidily and makes a lovely low maintenance, wild looking screening plant, Other than to tidy up a bit, you don't clip it as a hedge, so it produces small white flowers and red berries.
Growing to about 1.5 metres in height, with an upright habit.
Nandina will thrive on any well drained soil in a sunny location. Generally disease and pest free.
Also known as Sacred Bamboo or Chinese Holy Bamboo, it is actually a non-prickly member of the berberis family.